Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Cooling vest 2

I'm now going to build me a cooling hat!

First I dug through the drawers and found this cap, usually used for the exact opposite purpose, that is keeping me warm...


This is my body temperature before the experiment, between 37.0 and 37.2 degrees Celcius.


Water temperatue is 21 degrees Celcius, and room temperature is 24.8 degrees.


I soaked the cap in water, squeezed it so it contained two deciliters of water and put it on!


Then I sat down, turned on the TV and there was the Simpsons! Perfect!



First problem,not a major disaster but not something I had thought about. Gravity. Something that has been around since 1687. When you put on a wet cap, the water will move down from the top of the cap down to the bottom.


When to much water reaches the bottom of the cap, the cap starts dripping. First on my camera when I tilted my head forward trying to look at the camera display, and later when watching the Simpsons and resting my head on the black leather armchair it dripped down my neck and onto the armchair...


Three possible lessons learned:
  1. Too much water drips on everything.
  2. Keep the cap absolutely horizontal or it will drip faster in the lowest "corner".

Comments:
and what is the third possible lesson?
also very curious about the possible change in body temperature!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?